Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Taper Week

It feels kind of funny to "taper" during the week before a half marathon, but I know it's important to rest my legs, so I'm doing a modified taper.  I only ran 7 miles this past Saturday (with an overall pace of 9:11, which is astounding!), and my mid-week runs are shorter, slower and less frequent.  I used the elliptical on Sunday to give my running legs a rest.  Yesterday, I ran with two of my co-workers.  We only did 3.5 miles, but it still felt good to stretch my legs.  I have an early morning run scheduled for tomorrow and then I plan to do a short, 2 mile run on Saturday to stretch my legs and loosen them up before the race on Sunday.

So, I'm hoping my legs will be nice and fresh on Sunday.  Last year, I ran this race in 2:13.  I'm hoping to beat my time this year, and I really want to be under 2:10.  Anything more than that will just be an extra bonus.  Let's see if all of my hard work will pay off.

Now, if I could just change the weather forecast for Sunday...



0 comments:

Post a Comment