Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

So close...

So, lately I have been working on this little thing called a thesis.  You know, the last thing I have to do before I can graduate with my Master's Degree in History.  I am in the process of working through my thesis advisor's recommendations and making final edits.  Every night, my dining room table looks like this.





This is actually my second thesis.  I already have a master's degree in administration, which I completed many years ago.  And, just like childbirth, I somehow forgot how involved (and painful) the process is.  But, also how worth it it is in the end.  I may not be creating life, but I am creating something pretty big.  I have immersed myself in the research process and it has been a large part of my life for the past few months.  I'm so excited to be done, but at the same time I'm sad to be done.  I know that doesn't make much sense, but this really is bittersweet for me.  I have been so involved in researching and writing about my topic - the Back to the Land movement - and I'm going to feel so disconnected when I'm not looking for sources or staying up way too late so I can just finish writing one more section.

It looks like I will be submitting my final draft by the middle of next week, which means I will be graduating on May 19th.  I'm so excited.  It's so close, but I still feel like I have so much to do.

But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep
                         - Robert Frost

0 comments:

Post a Comment