Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

100

So, in all the excitement of my half marathon PR and new adventure, I missed the fact that my last post was my 100th post!  How did that happen?  It seems like I just started this little blog.  But, I actually started it last June, so I have been writing here for almost a year.

It's funny...I wanted to start a blog for so long, but I was so apprehensive.  I worried about sounding and looking stupid.  I worried about people reading my blog and people not reading my blog.  I worried that I wouldn't have anything to say.  I guess you can say I'm a worrier.

I spent months thinking of blog names and potential posts, and I even created a few blog templates through blogger and wordpress so that I wouldn't lose the rights to the names if I ever started blogging.

I wrote my introductory post about two months before I actually started blogging. But, even with all of the preparation, I just never hit publish.  It wasn't until I decided to participate in Emilie's Clean Food Challenge for the first time that I finally decided to take the leap and start blogging.  After all, it only seemed natural.  I love blogs and read them every day.  So, why wouldn't I have a blog of my own.

In the beginning, it felt a little awkward.  I'm an "academic," which means I'm trained in the art of research writing.  So, I really had to adjust my writing style to fit more with blogging.  It has been a fun process.  I finally feel like I'm finding my groove.  I'm constantly blogging in my head and I'm starting to gain some readers.  Not a lot, but a few.  I'm commenting on other blogs and participating in fun challenges and blog events.  And, I'm making some new blog friends in the process.

So, what's in store for the next 100 posts?  Well, the first and most exciting thing is that this blog is getting a new name.  When I started the blog, I chose "My Own Trail" because I really liked the way it sounded.  Unfortunately, I never checked to see if it was an available .com domain.  So, a few weeks ago, when I decided that it was time to take my blog to the next level, I naively went to Go Daddy to purchase the domain, only to find out that it wasn't available.  So, I did what any calm, rational blogger would do.  I stomped around and pouted and told my husband that I didn't want any other domain name.  I only wanted "My Own Trail."  Luckily, after my very zen husband calmed me down and reminded me that lots of bloggers change their blog names at some point, I relaxed and began looking for new domain names.  I finally found one that I LOVE and actually think is better than my current blog name.  So, I immediately purchased it and I'm starting to work on transitioning my blog to the new domain.  I'm not sure when I will make the official switch, but it will be sometime in the next few weeks (maybe after I submit the final draft of my Master's thesis).

So, what is my new name going to be? 

Fit Like a Mother

I really like the name and think it does a good job encompassing me and what this blog is about.  So, I'm really excited.

Anyway, that's the next big thing for this blog.  I'm hoping the next 100 posts are just as exciting as the first 100.  Even though it took me so long, I'm really glad I finally hit publish last June!

0 comments:

Post a Comment