Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

My First Adventure

As you know, I signed up to participate in Janetha's Adventurous April Challenge.  Unfortunately, I was not able to accomplish my goals the first week due to way too many unforeseen circumstances.  And, I was barely able to squeeze it in this week.  But, today, the last day of the week, I finally did something that I have always wanted to do.  It's not a big deal, but it's still something new to me.



I finally used the Precor AMT trainer at my gym.  For the past year, I have been watching people use it and I have always wanted to give it a try.  But, for some reason, I have been completely intimidated.  I didn't want to look stupid while I tried to figure it out.  I was worried that it would be too hard.  I felt like I should just stick with my favorite machine: the elliptical.

But, today I went to the gym with the plan already in place.  I knew I was slacking on the Adventurous April challenge, and I wanted to end the week with at least one new thing under my belt.  So, I woke up this morning and decided that today was going to be the day that I was going to tackle the AMT.



So, after a year of building it up in my mind, how did it go, you ask.  Well...it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.  I figured it out pretty quickly and I used it for a while.  It gave me a good workout, but I still prefer my beloved elliptical.  It just felt awkward.  But, I realize that it could be because I'm not used to it, so I'm going to give it another chance.  I just don't see it becoming a regular part of my workout routine.

I have big plans for my new adventures this week, so check back next Sunday for a full report (oh, and a half marathon report as well since next Sunday is my half marathon).

Hope you are all having fun adventures of your own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment