Tuesday, June 14, 2011

And so it begins...

I'm not sure how to start a blog, but I think it's about time I did.  I love reading blogs, and can literally spend hours reading through pages of posts.  So, it only seems natural that I join the blog world myself.  After all, if I'm going to read what others are writing, it's only fair that I give something for others to read in return.

So, the big question is how do I start my blog?  Do I start with a post that discusses my day and what I did, as if my blog has been here all along, or do I start with an introductory post that I'm sure no one will even read since I don't currently have any followers?  Most likely, by the time anyone actually discovers this blog (IF anyone actually discovers this blog), I will already have written numerous posts and an introductory post won't matter.  However, since I feel the need to start with a formal introduction (it's all those years studying and then teaching students how to write research papers), I will put one out there.  Even if it goes unread, I will feel more comfortable knowing that I started my blog with a proper introduction.

So, here goes...

My name is Willow.  I am a 34 year-old mother of two, wife of one.  I work full-time at a community college where I coordinate academic programs and teach history.  I am committed to living a healthy lifestyle, which includes whole foods, exercise and the use of natural products. I recently discovered running, and completed my first half marathon on April 17th.  I just signed up for my second half marathon (October 15th), so I guess I'm hooked. I also enjoy biking, hiking, and walking as much as possible, especially when my whole family is involved. I am passionate about my choices, but I also understand the need to have balance and flexibility in life.  I'm a firm believer in the 80/20 rule.   As far as I'm concerned, as long as I am making healthy choices 80 percent of the time, the other 20 percent of the time is not an issue.  I do not want to spend so much of my time stressing over every little choice that I make for myself and my family that I forget to have fun and enjoy life.  In the grand scheme of things, it's our overall lifestyle that matters, not random little details. 

So, that's a brief introduction.  Well, as brief as I can be.  Over time, you will discover that I have a tendency to ramble on, which is something I will have to work on if I want to keep the attention of my readers.  Hopefully, someday I will actually have readers...


Post a Comment