Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

I could get used to this...

Today, when I left work at 4pm, my the temperature gauge on my dashboard looked like this



That says 73 degrees!  In Upstate NY!  In mid-March!  Seriously, if you are unfamiliar with Upstate NY in mid-March, this is incredible.  Spring doesn't start until tomorrow.  It's technically still winter.  Now, if you live in the South you're probably shaking your head in confusion wondering why this is so exciting.  Well, let me tell you why.  In our region, the average temperature at this time of year is 22 - 40 degrees.  I can't tell you how good this warm weather feels.

Today, during my lunch hour, I took advantage of the great weather and went for a 40 minute walk with my co-worker.  Since I ran 10 miles yesterday, I wanted to take it easy today.  It feet so good to be outside with the sun warming my face.


I think the kids are enjoying it as well



I could really get used to this.  This must be the average temperature somewhere right now.  Seriously, is there anywhere that has average winter temperatures of about 30 - 40 degrees (with occasional snow), beautiful fall foliage and cool, crisp fall days, early spring weather and average March/April temperatures in the 60's and 70's?  If so, I might just consider moving there...

0 comments:

Post a Comment