Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just not feeling it...

It's been a while, hasn't it.  When I decided to start a blog last summer, I knew that it would be a big commitment.  I read a lot of blogs, and I know how annoying it can be to keep checking someone's blog only to find a post from two weeks ago.  Of course, there are always things that will cause a blogger to have to take a little hiatus, and that's completely understandable.  But, for the most part, blogging should be pretty regular.

I haven't written in almost two weeks, and I have no real reason.  Maybe it's because the semester just started at the school where I work and I spent the last two weeks cramming as much summer fun into my few remaining days as I could.  Maybe it's because after a FULL day or working and parenting, I just don't have it in me at 10pm to write something.  Or, maybe it's because I just haven't had much to say (who am I kidding...I always have something to say).  Regardless, my blogging has been pretty lackluster as of late.  Luckily, I don't really have many readers at this point (hmmm...maybe there's a correlation here), so I might actually be the only person who notices.  But, I made a commitment to blogging, and I have to get back on track.

So, rather than harp on what I haven't done, I'm going to ficus on what I can do.  I can start blogging regularly again.  I'm never going to be a once-a-day blogger.  It's too much with a full-time job and a family that needs and deserves my attention.  But, I am going to shoot for 3 times a week.  I think that's reasonable.  Sure, I could do a bunch or quick posts with three lines about what I ate or did, but that's not how I like to write. I started blogging because I love to write, so I would rather do three longer, thoughtful posts.  I can also change the design and layout of my blog to make it more appealing.  It's time to change the look around here.  And, finally, I can actually take the leap and move this blog to the new domain and make the official name change that I have been planning for quite some time. 

Let's see what happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment