Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pumped Up!





So...I finally tried Body Pump.  After months of talking about adding strength training to my weekly workouts, I finally took the plunge.  I have been wanting to try Body Pump for a while, but there is only one fitness center in my area that offers the classes.  Of course, it's the gym that I'm not (wasn't) a member of.  My Dad teaches spinning at our local YMCA, and in exchange, our entire family gets free memberships (my Dad, me, Paul and the kids).  So, it has been hard to justify paying for a membership at another fitness center when I have a free membership...even if the YMCA doesn't have many classes or fancy facilities.

I originally thought I would just buy passes for the class, but for my birthday Paul and my parents bought me a two month membership at the fancy gym.  So, I activated the membership and immediately jumped into Body Pump.





I took two classes this week, each with a different instructor and I'm hooked!  I LOVE it.  Sure, my arms are killing me and I can't bend them in certain directions or raise them over my head and my legs feel like they did when they first started running.  I can barely walk down the stairs.  But, it feels awesome.  I love that I'm pushing myself to use my body in a different way.  Plus, strength training will make me a better runner.

The classes are tougher than you think when you first start, and by the end my legs and arms were shaking as I attempted to complete just one more set.  I really feel like I pushed myself both times.  I'm starting to learn the routines and the lingo and I'm already feeling comfortable in the classes. I'm definitely going to go 2 - 3 times a week.

If you haven't tried Body Pump yet, I highly recommend you do.  You won't be disappointed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment