Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Better than nothing

To say that work is crazy and chaotic right now is an understatement.  I work at a community college, which means my life operates in semesters, and a new one just started last week.  There are new and returning students to help, reports to write, and programs to develop.  On top of that, I'm in the middle of a couple of major projects that require a lot of my time.  It seems like my day is filled with non-stop meetings and student obligations.  Since I use my lunch hour to get in extra workout/running time during the week, this means that my exercise time has suffered.  At first, I just chose to not do anything because I didn't have time for a full workout, but over the past week I have had to adopt a new attitude.  If I don't go over to the gym for a little while, I won't get any exercise time in.  So, now I go over on my lunch "hour" even if I only have 20 or 30 minutes to exercise.   I'm able to maintain some level of fitness throughout the week and it helps me stay focused at work during stressful moments.  So, even though I can't always get a full workout in, I have to remind myself that's it's still important to do something physical.  After all, it's better than nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment