Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

No Regrets

During the week, I usually run during my lunch hour.  It's not my ideal time to run (I'm a morning runner), but it's really the only time I can get in a run on workdays.  I would love to run early in the morning, but it is difficult to do with a 2.5 year old and a 7 year old who have to get up and out of the house for school/daycare. I know that an evening run is out of the question because a) that's my family time and b) I have completely lost my desire and motivation to do anything physical after 8 hours of work.  So, I use my lunch hour to get my weekday runs in.  It's often difficult to make myself stop what I'm doing, get up from my desk and walk over to the gym. Yes, I have a "gym" where I work.  Since I work at a community college, we have fitness facilities on site...with an indoor track. 



The track is the part above the basketball court.  When I run, I overlook the court.

I know...I have no excuse for not running, do I?  I try to get in at least three days of running each week.  Some weeks, I only run 1 - 2 days due to meetings and teaching, but other weeks I make it over almost every day.  What I have learned is that I just have to make myself get up and walk there.  Even when I'm tired and in the middle of something, and it's so tempting to just sit at my desk and spend my lunch hour reading blogs (Oh, come on, I know you do it too), I know that what I really need to do is go running.  No matter what, I always feel good after I do, and I never, ever regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment