Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I jumped on the bandwagon...


If you read healthy living blogs (which you obviously do), you know that a common breakfast among bloggers is overnight oats, which is oats that are soaked in milk (nut or animal) overnight instead of cooked on the stovetop.  Overnight oats are eaten cold and they are absolutely delicious.  In fact, I prefer overnight oats to cooked oats.  I tend to eat them at least once a week.  My standard combination is oats soaked in almond milk, yogurt, and a drizzle of maple syrup and topped with frozen blueberries or raspberries.  In the morning, the oats have absorbed all of the liquid and the fruit has thawed.  It's so good that I didn't think it could get any better...but it did.  Many bloggers take their overnight oats one step further and put them in a nut butter jar that they just finished.  The jar still has the last remnants of the nut butter along the sides and bottom of the jar, and when you eat the oats, you get little bits of creamy nut butter mixed in.  I keep seeing these oats on other blogs, but I never made them myself...until last night. 



I can't believe it took me so long.  The addition of nut butter takes the oats to a new level!  Seriously, this stuff is so good.  So, the next time you take that last scoop of nut butter out of the jar, consider making oats in it instead of washing it out.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment