Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Within a Mile of Home...

The community college where I work is exactly 4.41 miles from my house.  How do I know?



My Garmin told me.


Today was our last "early out" Friday for the summer, so I was done at 1pm. I had a short run planned for today, but I knew if I came home from work I would never get off the couch.   So, I decided to force myself to run.  How?  I ran home from work.  Paul and I both work at the same college, but we don't normally ride together to work (I know, it's not very environmentally friendly) because we're each responsible for dropping the kids off at different times in different locations.  Our work days actually start at different times because of this.  So, normally, running home from work isn't an option.  However, today we were able to drop the kids off close to each other and at the same time, which meant we were able to drive to work together.  I took advantage of this rarity and used it as an opportunity to run home.  I packed my running gear and changed into it at the end of the day.  I gave Paul all of my stuff so that he could bring it with him in the car, and he drove off to pick up the kids.  I ran home.

It's exactly what I needed today.  I wasn't really in the mood for running, and the run itself was difficult.  But, I had no choice.  If I wanted to get home, I had to keep moving.  I'm glad I don't have to run home from work every day, but I think I'm going to try to find a way to do it more often.

When I got home, I was drenched.  It's still so muggy here.  So, I enjoyed an icy glass of water out of this:



This is the pint glass I won from Emilie's giveaway.  It's from this company, and I LOVE it.  As I posted last week, Maine is one of my favorite places on earth.  Now, I have a glass to show it.  This is the first blog giveaway I have ever won.  I don't participate in them too often, so I'm not that surprised, but it's still exciting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment