Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Partying with the Peas

It's no secret that I love blogs.  After all, I wouldn't have my own if I wasn't so into them.  Over the years, I have read numerous blogs.  Some have held my attention for a few days or a few weeks, while others have remained on my list of favorites for a long time.  Peas and Thank You is one of those blogs.  When I first discovered it, well over a year ago, I spent hours (at work, mind you) reading the blog from the first ever post through the most recent post.  I fell in love with Mama Pea's writing style, her wonderful little family, and most of all, her delicious vegan/vegetarian recipes.

I am not a vegetarian, but my family does eat a low-meat diet. Even though we do eat some meat, I am particularly fond of vegetarian recipes and find myself drawn to them.  In fact, many of my cookbooks and favorite blogs are vegetarian and vegan.  Peas and Thank You has been a great resource for me as I attempt to find new, exciting meals to feed my family.  So, when I read that Mama Pea was writing a cookbook, I knew that it would one day join my other favorites on my bookshelf.

Over the past few months, I have watched Mama Pea pour her heart and soul into this book.  I read the stories of her recipe successes and failures.  I read along as she and fellow blogger, Ashley, spent a weekend reshooting all of the pictures for the book.    Then, as the date for her cookbook release grew closer, I joined the rest of the blogsphere as we eagerly awaited the release date.





I received my cookbook last week, and I have already read it cover to cover and marked most of the pages with my post-it tabs (this is how I keep track of recipes I want to make).










Amelia looked at the cookbook with me, and she immediately asked to make the "Life's not Fair Blueberry Scones."  So, I decided it would be the first recipe we make out of the book.



Amelia, Ben and I spent the evening measuring ingredients and mixing them together, and the end result was a fabulous blueberry scone. 



 














These are the perfect texture, and Amelia loves the glaze. This child adores anything that has powdered sugar in it (who am I kidding, so do I).  I could go on and on for pages about how good these scones are, but I think you should buy the book and try them yourself.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed.



2 comments:

  1. It's always amazing to me how I can read so many blogs and try to keep up and I still haven't heard of so many wonderful writers. Thanks for the link ... the cookbook looks truly wonderful. I mean, you had me at "scones."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I am amazed at the number of great blogs out there. I love finding new blogs to read, even if it means I have more to keep up with. By the way, I love your new blog design/address.

    ReplyDelete