Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Variety is the spice of life

It's no secret that running is my favorite form of exercise.  There's just something about the feeling of my feet hitting the pavement as I run. However, it's not really good to do just one form of exercise.  Your muscles need to be used in different ways.  So, in an attempt to keep things interesting for my muscles (and myself), I have been experimenting with different types of exercise.  As you know, I already tried swimming, but I just couldn't get into it.  Insanity was a great form of cross training, but I slacked off while we were in Maine and I haven't been able to get back into it quite yet.  But, I do have plans to start the whole program over again next Monday, so stay tuned for an update on that.  I use the elliptical on occasion and really enjoy that, but it isn't really exciting or interesting.  I'm also getting ready to start a Women on Weights class that I have high hopes for, and I'll definitely be blogging about my experience and progress.  I'm also looking into Cross Fit, but we don't have a Cross Fit gym here , so I will have to do the workouts at home.  So, I am definitely experimenting with a variety of different exercises and I'm really enjoying it.

Recently, I discovered my new favorite form of exercise.  In fact, it's on par with running as far as I'm concerned.  I actually find myself conflicted about which activity to do each day because I love them equally.  What is it?



Cycling!

I absolutely LOVE riding my bike all over the place and covering 20 - 30 miles in a morning.  Yesterday, I went for an early morning ride with my co-worker and we covered 24 miles in under two hours.  We also stopped for an amazing breakfast burrito along the way.  You definitely can't do that while you're running!

I will continue to look for new and exciting activities to add to my exercise routine because I want to keep things interesting, but I'm definitely going to enjoy my new favorite form of exercise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment