Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

There's just something about the ocean...




Well, we are back and settling in after a wonderful week on the Maine coast.  It was an incredible vacation filled with fun and relaxation , and I didn't want it to end.  But, as is the case, vacations eventually end and regular life must resume.  Luckily, I have a really nice regular life :)

Now that I'm back and done with writing my thesis and my major work project, I'm ready to dedicate more time to this blog.  I'm really ready to take it to the next level.  So, expect more posts from me on some fun, exciting and interesting topics.  Plus, a name change in the near future.  Oh, and I haven't forgotten about Insanity, although I did take a break during the week that we were in Old Orchard Beach.  I'll write a full post on that in the next couple of days. So, that's what's ahead.  If you have been checking here regularly, thank you for your patience as I tried to manage all of the chaos the past couple of months.  I hope you stick around because this blog is about to get more interesting.

But, before I move into the next stage of blogging, I have to give you a glimpse of the amazing week we just had.  I think a beach vacation is just what the soul needs to recharge.

We rented a house directly on the beach, and it made such a difference.  Look at our backyard!




I don't think I can ever rent a house that isn't on the beach again.  I'm spoiled!


We traveled with another family, which made the trip even more fun.  The kids had playmates and loved every minute of it!



We spent a lot of time on the beach playing in the sand






taking long walks



and exploring tide pools




Amelia and her friend discovered how much fun boogie boarding is



I even tried surfing...and I loved it!




We played mini putt



and visited the Portland Children's Museum



We ate a lot of lobster





and also visited two famous diners...Becky's Diner and the Maine Diner



We visited a fairy village on Mackworth Island and built our own fairy house





It was a magical trip and we all left sandy and sun kissed.



We may not go back to Old Orchard Beach next year, but we will definitely go back to the ocean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment