Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

If the shoe fits...

When I started running a year and a half ago, I bought a pair of Saucony shoes based solely on the low price.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on running shoes if I wasn't going to keep running.  The shoes fit well and worked fine.  So, when I needed a new pair after my first half marathon, I bought another pair of basic Saucony's.  Do you see a pattern emerging here?  I have only worn Saucony's the entire time I have been a runner, and they have served me pretty well.  However, this summer I developed an ankle injury that just won't go away completely.  After a great deal of research, I determined that my ankle/calf pain is a result of overpronation.  Of course!  It makes total sense.  I walk on the balls of my feet and constantly wear holes in the big toes of all of my socks.  It's only natural that I would run on the insides of my feet as well.  So, this time, when I needed new running shoes I looked for a pair that is made for overpronators. 

Enter the Mizuno Waves.





I ordered these through Running Warehouse and they were 50% off with free shipping.  I paid the same amount for them as I did for my first pair of Sauconys.   I spent the past week breaking them in, and I can already tell they are going to make a difference.  They support my feet in an entirely different way and I can tell they prevent me from rolling inward as much as I normally do.  Let's just hope they continue to support me through half marathon training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment