Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Change of Plans (before I even make them)

Sooooo.......

In my last few posts, I alluded to the fact that this is the year I am going to run a marathon.  I even chose the Vermont City Marathon as "The One."  However, I think my plans might be changing slightly.  Paul has been suffering through a severe IT band injury and he is just starting to run short distances after a three week hiatus.  Since the VT marathon is in May, we have decided to put those plans on hold.  I just want his leg to heal completely without the pressure of training for our first marathon.  So, we're going to plan for a different marathon...possibly late fall or early next year.

Why wait so long, you ask?  Well, the calendar is pretty full with other fun, crazy events, including my first triathlon and a 200 mile relay.  That's right, we're going to join the crazies and run one of those overnight relay races.  The Adirondack Ragnar Relay is scheduled for September 28 - 29, which means that an early fall marathon is out.  My first triathlon is scheduled for the beginning of August, and since I can barely swim at all right now, I think I will need to focus on training for that after our half marathon in April.  So, we're still trying to find a marathon in the second half of the year that fits into our already packed schedule.  But, if we don't, I'm OK with waiting until the beginning of 2013 to run my first marathon.  After all, how often are these 200 mile relay races held within 100 miles of my hometown?

0 comments:

Post a Comment