Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's All Fun and Games until Someone Gets Hurt




Well, it looks like I finally have my first real running injury.  I'm not particularly excited about this "milestone," but I guess I knew it would happen eventually.  I did something to my ankle.  It hurts on the inside part of my ankle, and the pain sometimes travels up to my calf.  If I stop running for a few days, it stops hurting.  But, as soon as I run again, the pain comes back.  So, I'm going to take the entire week off from running and focus on other types of exercise.  I'll try running on Sunday.  If my ankle starts to hurt again, I'm going to go see someone.  I'm in the middle of preparing for my next half marathon, and I don't want to lose weeks of training because of this. 




I'm starting to think it might be a result of my running gait.  I think I may be an overpronator.  I need new running shoes anyway, so maybe I'll go to  Fleet Feet  and have them assess my running style and fit me for shoes.  After all, I'm in this for the long haul.  I want to make sure I don't cause any permanent injuries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment