Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Soundtrack

Many runners are adamently opposed to listening to music while running.  I get it.  I understand the need and desire to run with nothing but the soundtrack of the outside world.  It helps you stay focused on your breathing and it keeps your mind uncluttered.  I completely respect runners who are music-free.  However, I really enjoy listening to music while I run.  It helps me power through the tough parts of a run and it keeps me motivated.  I purposely choose songs that have a solid beat and lyrics that speak to me.  I try to change my playlist every few weeks so that I don't get bored with the same songs, and I regularly have three or four running playlists that I alternate between based on the distance of my run and my overall mood.  One thing I struggle with is finding new music to add to my playlist, and I find running blogs to be a great source of inspiration.  I found so many new songs based on recommendations from other runners in cyberspace.  So, to help pay it forward, I'm posting my new running playlist.  Hopefully, it can provide some new ideas for those of you struggling through the same old playlist that you have been running to for weeks.



Time to Move On            
Tom Petty
Have You Ever
Brandi Carlile
Rolling In The Deep
Adele
The Lazy Song   
Bruno Mars
Peace, Love and Happiness
G. Love & Special Sauce
Mr. Jones
Counting Crows
Basket Case       
Green Day
The Edge Of Glory
Lady Gaga
What You Want               
Evanescence
Lose Yourself
Eminem
The Warrior's Code        
Dropkick Murphys
Break Stuff        
Limp Bizkit
Chop Suey!        
System Of A Down
In Too Deep
Sum 41
Fuck You
Cee Lo Green
Hey Ya!
OutKast
Who's Laughing Now
Jessie J
Billionaire (feat. Bruno Mars)
Travie McCoy
Cowboy
Kid Rock
Within a Mile of Home  
Flogging Molly

0 comments:

Post a Comment