Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Just Too Hot!

I know I shouldn't be complaining.  I live in an area that sees temperatures as low as 5 below zero in the winter.  But, the heat wave we're experiencing right now is just too much for me.  It was 100 degrees (fahrenheit) today, with a heat index of about 105.  As much as I don't like the extreme low temperatures of the winter, I also don't enjoy the extreme high temperatures of the summer.  Maybe it's partly because we don't have air conditioning at our house, and our upstairs bedrooms are almost unbearable. 

I planned to spend the weekend making snacks for the kids, but I'm going to wait until it cools down a little.  Instead, I'll spend the days at the beach, eating popsicles and trying to stay cool.  It looks like next week will be a little cooler.  I have a lot of fun cooking and baking projects planned, which I will write about later in the week.  I'm going to attempt a run tomorrow morning, before it heats up too much.  I'm hoping my ankle stays pain-free.  So, that's all I have right now.  I think the heat might be turning my brain to mush.  For those of you who are also in the midst of a heat wave, try to stay cool.  It's hot out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment