Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm Back!

Wow!  It' been almost a week since I posted last, and that wasn't even a real post.  But, I did have a guest post on Happy Healthy Mama's Blog, so I guess that counts as something, right?

It has been quite the week around here.  It's the end of the semester at the community college where I work, which means things have been quite hectic.  I'm a 12-month employee, which means I work through the summer, but it still gets crazy for me in May.  So, I haven't had the chance to blog much.  Now that the semester is officially over, I'll be posting more regularly.  I have a lot of fun things planned for the summer, so I should have a lot to write about.

Even though this week was hectic, I still managed to have some fun.

Mother's Day was wonderful.

For many women, Mother's Day is a day to relax and be pampered.  But, for me, it's a day to spend as much time as possible with Amelia and Ben (and Paul).  This Mother's Day, Paul asked me what I wanted to do, and my answer was pretty simple.  I wanted to spend the day as a family, doing fun stuff and enjoying each other's company.  So, that's what we did.


The day isn't about gifts for me, because these two are really the best gift I could ever receive.




But, look what Paul got me!





I don't have to post bad iPhone pictures anymore!



In addition to celebrating Mother's Day this week, we also spent time doing other fun things.  We went hiking (twice).









We went out for ice cream.





We played in the backyard.




We caught a frog.



We went to Amelia's school art show.






We spent a lot of time giggling and playing and having fun.




Even in the chaos of the week, we found time to enjoy each other and be silly.  Ultimately, that's what's really important.




0 comments:

Post a Comment