Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's not the same...

Wow...I just realized that it's October 5th, which means my half marathon is 10 days away!  I'm not sure how to feel about it.  When I ran my first half marathon in April, I was so diligent about sticking to my training plan.  I was able to complete all of my runs each week, and felt fully prepared in the days leading up to the race. 



Since it was my first, I was so focused on the upcoming date that I thought about it all the time.  This time, I have been much more relaxed about the whole process, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.  I have been training, but I have missed a lot more runs that I would like.  I can still pound out the miles on my long runs, but I have been missing a lot of my mid-week short runs.  When I looked at the calendar today and realized it's already October 5th, I paused for a minute.  How did I get so close to race day without realizing it.  The half isn't consuming all of my waking thoughts and I'm not counting down the days until the event.  It's interesting how much it has become just another long run to me.  The excitement and anticipation that I felt with my first half has been replaced with a calm energy and sense of ability that I didn't have the last time.  I know what it feels like to cross that finish line and I'm not nervous about my ability to do so.  I can only hope my lack of mid-week running won't affect my ability to actually do it.  I guess we'll see what happens on the 15th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment